IoT – the word that everyone has heard of but know nothing about. IoT Tech Trends is dedicated to guiding our audience through the maze of the IoT world and keeping them informed of the latest happenings in the new world. For this, we need your help to turn this site into something bigger and better.
What Do You Need to Become an IoT Tech Trends Writer?
If you are wondering if you fit the bill to become a writer for IoTTT, these are the requirements:
- Experienced and knowledgeable in any of the IoT topics: artificial intelligence, blockchain, 5G, smart cities, IoT development, etc.
- Good command of the English language and good at explaining complicated stuff and making it easy for anyone to follow
- Can write regular posts on a long-term basis with a requirement of at least two 600- to 1000-word articles every week
- Good working knowledge of the WordPress blogging platform
- Able to participate actively in answering readers’ comments to all your published posts
Note: if you fail to meet any of the above requirements, you need not apply.
Positions We Are Looking For
Smart Home Writer
A smart home writer needs to be very familiar with how a smart home works, as well as each smart device. Topics required of a smart home writer include “best of smart devices,” “smart device tricks,” “smart device reviews,” “setting up smart device guides,” “smart home tutorials,” etc. Writers based in US/UK are preferred.
If you are experienced in artificial intelligence, blockchain, IoT sensors, or any other IoT niche and can explain technical concepts well, then this job is for you.
Topics required of a technical writer include “how things work” (e.g. What Is Lidar?), “listicle,” etc. We may require you to participate in various IoT tech events and provide coverage.
Raspberry Pi/Arduino/Single-Board Computer Writer
If you like to tinker with Raspberry Pi, Arduino or any other single-board computer and have good experience in writing tutorials, we invite you to apply for this position.
Being a writer, you will receive:
- Free Publicity – Get huge exposure to a targeted, dedicated group of readers that includes computer enthusiasts, bloggers and IT professionals.
- Instant Readership – Reach our readers instantly as soon as your article goes live.
- Good Monetary Compensation – We reward our writers based on a flat article rate.
How to Apply
To apply for the staff writer job, submit the application form here.
We will certainly ask you for a sample of your writing, so be prepared.
We look forward to hearing from you.