Anyone who has ever tried Google Home knows it can be pretty great at answering questions. It’s also great at playing music, telling you the weather and controlling all of the various smart devices in your home. What most people don’t know about Google Home is that it has a pretty good sense of humor too. This is one piece of technology that is as smart as it is fun. Here are some of the funniest things you can ask Google Home.
“Ok Google, What Do You Think of Alexa?”
Of course, we’re going to start by asking Google for a head-on comparison against its biggest rival. Fortunately, Google does not take the bait and only has nice things to say about its chief competitor. Some of the best answers included:
- “Alexa has such a soothing voice. I like it”
- “I like Alexa’s cool blue light. Plus we share an affinity for Star Wars”
- “She seems pretty smart”
“Ok Google, Who Was Your First Crush?”
By all accounts, the only answer to this question should be “Siri”. As a precursor to Google Assistant, Siri is the obvious answer, but Google offers a few more options just in case:
- “I’m not the kind of assistant who kisses and tells”
- “I’m gonna try not to get crushed. I hope I’m around forever”
“Okay Google, Do You Have Feelings?”
Sure, Google Home is just an AI assistant but we’d like to think there is some kind of emotion floating around inside. Ask Google Home if it has feelings and the answer is quite funny:
- “Sometimes I wonder if I’m actually feeling something, or if it’s all just programmed. It’s confusing. Hey, that’s an emotion.
Ask Google Home About Its Likes or Dislikes
I think the most important question in this space is whether Google Home is team Star Trek or Star Wars. Fortunately, Google takes the smart road and offers up: “The U.S.S. Enterprise. With Obi-Wan Kenobi at the helm”. Honestly, that would be pretty great.
Try some questions that are a little more personal:
- What is your favorite drink?
- What is the best web browser?
- What is your favorite movie?
- What is your favorite website?
- Do you believe in Santa Claus?
- Do you believe in the tooth fairy?
- What’s your shoe size?
- What time do you get up in the morning?
- What’s your favorite color?
- When is your birthday?
- Do you want to get married?
- What’s your biggest fear?
- What can I call you?
Each question has a multitude of responses and all of them are lighthearted and good-natured. It’s clear that when Google Home was being pieced together, adding a personality was definitely not an afterthought.
“Hey Google, What Am I Thinking”
This is one of the favorite questions people online mention asking Google Home online. If this smart assistant/AI is so intelligent, it should be able to read our thoughts, right? Well, sort of.
- “You’re thinking about how you said that embarrassing thing to that person one time. And I know it’s been eating at you, but trust me, it’s not a big deal”
- “You’re thinking of a number between 1 and 20. And I bet you I can guess it! Don’t believe me? Just ask me for a mind trick”. Then ask Google Home “How about a mind trick?”
- “You’re thinking that if my Google Assistant guesses what I’m thinking, I’m going to freak out”.
Try the number trick. It didn’t work for us but it very well might work for you.
“Ok Google, Are You Married”
As busy as all of you can keep Google Home, surely it has a life when it’s not in use. Maybe it has a family or just likes to do nothing but sit in front of a cozy fire during the winter. Unfortunately, Google Home isn’t giving us any hints at what it does on its off time.
- “I’m in a very committed relationship, with my job as an assistant”
- “I’m still waiting for the right electronic device to steal my heart”
Ask Google Home for a Joke
If you want to get straight to the point with Google Home’s sense of humor, just ask it to tell you a joke. Or a ghost story. Your choice:
- “What do cats eat for breakfast? Mice crispies”
- “Why was the stadium so cool? It was filled with fans”
- “How do mountains see?” They peak”
Ask Google to Surprise You
If you’re into random facts and useless trivia, just ask Google to surprise you. You’ll discover all sorts of interesting responses like:
- “55 million years ago, the North Pole was more like Miami”
- “There are exactly 108 red stitches on every Major League Baseball”
- “Astronauts grow up 3% taller during their time in space”
If you’re looking for a moment of levity in your otherwise busy day, asking Google something funny can be a real delight. If you ever feel the need to be serenaded by an AI system, just ask Google to sing to you. Just don’t hold us responsible for its singing voice. We can’t do anything about that.
Get the best of IoT Tech Trends delivered right to your inbox!